I had kettle dyed some of my wool top a lovely purple and then experimented with adding texture as I was spinning it into yarn. I had some thick and thin areas and some coils worked it...I really was just experimenting with technique rather than having an end product in mind. I was excited to see what it would look like worked up.
I started to knit with it but the texture was getting lost in the work. I decided to use the rigid heddle loom to emphasize the yarn's uniqueness.
I used hand dyed, handspun that I had from last year's kool-aid dye experiment as the warp. I hand manipulated the bobbles so they stood out as I passed the weft through. I think it turned out interesting!
It may not be the prettiest scarf, but I'm not afraid to wear it!